Wednesday 11 May 2011

Over the hill!!

April was a pretty mad month. The title of this post gives you a smidge of a clue why ... yes, I reached that milestone of a birthday, the big 40!!
Now instead of sobbing into my grey hair I decided to embrace my coming of age with lots of treats & celebrations :)
I had an 80s night out with my lovely friends, a meal out with my fab family & a visit to Blenheim palace in the gorgeous sunshine with hubby & my cherubs :)
And I'm really gonna milk this ... a trip on the London eye had to be postponed, we decided visiting London the same weekend as a big footie match & the marathon was a bad idea so I still have this to look forward to. I've never been to ladies day at Ascott so that's booked up. Oh, & a girly day at a health spa is calling me later in the year. I mean, come on, what's not to like about turning 40??!! :)

Onto crafty things now, an old school friend of mine also turned 40 a few days after me so here's the card I made for her. I'm loving the lace & bakers twine that's so popular at the moment. Or butchers twine, as one of my lovely crafting friends keeps calling it :)

And just to get your taste buds watering, there's a pic of the birthday cake I made for myself. Yes, covered in maltesers & minstrels. Yummy ...

Take care & thanks for popping by x
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

5 comments:

  1. You should have told us Tam. We'd have made a bit more of an effort the week before if I'd known it was a big one for you. Enjoy all your treats and make sure you well and truly milk it for as long as you can! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks scrumptious! What a lucky lot your family are... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a fab time and got even more to look forward to. Love the card, and the use of that Stampin Up heart. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely NOT over the hill Tamara! It might only be a number but good on you for making the most of it! I like the pretty shape of your card and all the details on it. Thank you for your comments to me today - they really did make my day! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments :)
    Well spotted, the SU heart stamp Louise! Stampin Up products are my new guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete